The minute you enter our studio, located in the intercoastal area of Jacksonville, you will understand why Atlantic Ballroom is a leader in ballroom dancing. From beginner to advanced, our customized programs set the standard in dance instruction.
At Atlantic Ballroom we have a common goal. We want all of our students to have FUN every time they come in, and at the same time learn and develop the confidence to be able to dance with any partner, on any dance floor, to any music.
Through a combination of private lessons, group lessons and practice parties, we can help you meet your goals.
We don’t just want to teach you steps, we want you to become a dancer!
The Benefits of Dancing...
- More fun out of life
- Increase self-confidence
- Sense of achievement
- Relaxation & Escape
- Expanding social life
- Acquire more grace and poise
- A hobby and/or interest
- Increased ease and assurance socially
- Impress a particular person or persons
- Business requirement and necessity
- Be able to ask/accept to dance
Dances We Teach...
Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz
Cha Cha Cha, Rumba, East Coast Swing, Bolero, Mambo
Slow Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Slow Foxtrot, Quickstep
Cha Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba, Paso Doble, Jive
Salsa, West Coast Swing, Argentine Tango, Bachata, Merengue and More!!!
Elements of Dance at each Level:
- To have proper body alignment and balance
- To move the weight from foot to foot consistently while dancing uncomplicated patterns
- fundamental basic movements of each dance
- unite the body
- develop core strength
- introduce frame and simple transitions at a fundamental level
- Introduce advanced body positions
- Advance the use of swing and shape
- Dance complex rhythms and syncopations
- Further develop ability to spin and turn
- Introduction of body isolations whilst in movement
- more complex transitions of frame
- Change inside and outside of curve with greater speed and frequency
- incorporation of line figures
- more complexity of rhythms
- quicker change of direction through better understanding of body weight
- use of extreme body positions
- create greater risk in dancing
- greater use of body isolations for speed and strength
- increase use of complex frames and body position transition
- Become flexible with patterns and timing
- Exploration of new movements and shapes
- Express emotion through dance
- Break the Rules!!!